We're a month away from Valentine's Day and I am already busy planning a menu and a great gift for my dear husband. One of the items on my menu are these delicious date truffles which can be done easily and in no time. They also freeze well, so if you happen to have any left over, simply freeze them and enjoy later.
250 gr. pitted dates
150 gr. ground cookies or biscuits
100 gr. butter
the zest of one orange
10 gr. ground cinnamon
150 gr. powdered sugar
1. Grind the dates in a meat grinder or process in a food processor.
2. Melt the butter and gradually add the ingredients one by one.
3. Stir until the ingredients are well combined.
4. Take a tablespoon of the mixture and form into a truffle.
5. Decorate with some chocolate sprinkles.