Monday, October 21, 2013

Cleaning Monday - Water stain removal

What better way to start a week than with a neat and clean house. The fresh smelling surroundings boost your enthusiasm and make Mondays more bearable, at least for me. That's why here, at Mommy Battles, we'll start each week with a cleaning post.

One of the things that I personally find so annoying to deal with is removing water stains and limescale from the kitchen and bathroom faucets. In the past I've used a variety of products which left my faucets spotless but none of them was made of natural ingredients. Since I'm a new mom now I am much more concerned about the toxic properties of cleaning products and I try to use Eco-friendly ones as much as possible.  I've read a lot about the cleaning properties of baking soda and decided to give it a try although I was a bit skeptical at first. So, here's how an old bathroom faucet turned out at the end of this cheap and effortless cleaning task.

First, spray the faucet with water. Generously apply the baking soda and gently rub it onto the faucet until it's consistency resembles that of a paste. 


Leave the paste on for 30 minutes, occasionally spraying it with water so that it remains moist. Afterwards, scrub it well with a sponge and wash it clean.

Perfect results with minimum effort and no toxic ingredients.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...